NEW ALBUM JUNE 21, 2011

Discussion about Tally Hall's music
Nate
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 2

NEW ALBUM JUNE 21, 2011

#1 Post by Nate »

FINALLY! THE NEW ALBUM, GOOD & EVIL, IS COMING OUT JUNE 21, 2011! And I'm sure that everyone on HITS is very well aware of this fantastic news, but let this just be a good place to express excitement for the upcoming album with other Tally Hall Fanatics!!!

Personally, for me, there is not one song that I'm not excited for on the new album. I, personally, believe this has fantastic potential to be better than MMMM. Thoughts?

Mr. Chuckles
Noob

Re: NEW ALBUM JUNE 21, 2011

#2 Post by Mr. Chuckles »

Has anyone been able to pick out any songs from the "preview"?
I could hear the whistling from "Sacred Beast," which excited me greatly, but that's all I could recognize, save for the obvious beginning and end.
On a different note, what song(s) is/are everyone most excited for? Honestly, I'm most excited about the aforementioned "Sacred Beast," though I'm just overall excited to hear everything!

On an even more different note, I've noticed that there are no chords listed for "Turn the Lights Off" in the Hallmanac, nor can I find any one the rest of the internet. I intend to remedy this later today.

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#3 Post by coz »

Mr. Chuckles wrote:Has anyone been able to pick out any songs from the "preview"?
I could hear the whistling from "Sacred Beast," which excited me greatly, but that's all I could recognize, save for the obvious beginning and end.
On a different note, what song(s) is/are everyone most excited for? Honestly, I'm most excited about the aforementioned "Sacred Beast," though I'm just overall excited to hear everything!

On an even more different note, I've noticed that there are no chords listed for "Turn the Lights Off" in the Hallmanac, nor can I find any one the rest of the internet. I intend to remedy this later today.
Sounds good and thanks in advance for adding to the Tally Hallmanac.

I've been pretty open about my lack of appreciation for Sacred Beast, even to Joe himself. Not to criticize it; but it's just a song that for some reason doesn't grab me in the way all their other songs do. The song I'm most interested in hearing is Hymn For A Scarecrow.
I recently posted a poll on the HITS Facebook asking this very question, too:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=que ... &qa_ref=pt
Turn The Lights Off appears to be in the lead.

Mr. Chuckles
Noob

#4 Post by Mr. Chuckles »

It's neat how different songs catch different people's attention. What were your favorite songs on the first album? Mine are probably "Be Born" and "Spring and a Storm," although it almost feels counter-intuitive to put any of the songs above any others.
Okay, "Turn the Lights Off" is in the key of F#, which means it's going to take a bit longer than I expected it to. :/

Nate
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 2

#5 Post by Nate »

There's really not one song that I'm not excited for on the album. I loooooove &, Who You Are, and Hymn for a Scarecrow, but there's really every single one I'm looking forward to.

By the way, did anyone else notice that the beginning of & in the preview of Good & Evil had kind of like a techno edit to the voices? Idk if that was just for that part of the song and Out in the Twilight, or just for those two songs, or for the whole album.