Tally Hall should come to....

Discuss Tally Hall Shows. Don't forget to write up your summary of the night in the HITS FanJournals, too!
olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

Tally Hall should come to....

#1 Post by olwhatshername »

restarting an old thread that seemed popular.

you'll notice that there are no events for tally hall after december.

so... where should tally hall go next?

obviously, my vote is for maine/new hampshire. but i think it'd be cool of they either went to the florida region (cause i don't think they've ever been there and i've seen a lot of people request that on their myspace) or canada (cause i don't think they've been there either)

any other ideas?

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#2 Post by coz »

They were in Canada for one or two shows awhile ago. In fact, some of the pics in their official site, live shots section, are from there.

but yes, they still need to go to florida.

Emily
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 0

#3 Post by Emily »

i still say hampton beach, or something like that? cause it would be a good thing to get a lot of people to recgonize them cause so many people go there. i've never been to cape cod so i dunno if they have shows there. but cape cod too...

Kitsune
Noob

#4 Post by Kitsune »

Washington, or somewhere in the northwest where they haven't been. But yeah, Florida and Maine so Jill can finally see them haha.

thephantommilk
Noob

#5 Post by thephantommilk »

Emily wrote:i still say hampton beach, or something like that? cause it would be a good thing to get a lot of people to recgonize them cause so many people go there. i've never been to cape cod so i dunno if they have shows there. but cape cod too...
hampton beach would be good... its easy to get to.

and I really don't know about the cape, either. I'm sure they could play for all the gays in P-town, though.

and canada--> specifically, toronto for a friend who I infected w/ TH-ness a while back but moved to a town somewhat near toronto.

and all the other places in North America, and then the world, that has yet to see TH live.
oh man, siggies! this is exciting...

except I don't have anything good to say.

oh well.

olwhatshername
Modenator

#6 Post by olwhatshername »

thephantommilk wrote:
and I really don't know about the cape, either. I'm sure they could play for all the gays in P-town, though.
dude... what? oh god i don't want to start a fight about this, but maybe one of the rules of these new forums should be "tolerance and acceptance."

i guess i assumed that since we all listen to tally hall, we're all awesome and therefor beyond the use of the word "gay" as an insult.

i can't speak for the tallies themselves, but i know i want this board and the halligan community in general to open and accepting for all walks of life.

so basically, next time you find yourself typing something like "for all the gays in p-town" try using your imagination and coming up with something a little more creative than that.

steph
saucepot
T.H. Show Count: 10

#7 Post by steph »

olwhatshername wrote:
thephantommilk wrote:
dude... what? oh god i don't want to start a fight about this, but maybe one of the rules of these new forums should be "tolerance and acceptance."

i guess i assumed that since we all listen to tally hall, we're all awesome and therefor beyond the use of the word "gay" as an insult.

i can't speak for the tallies themselves, but i know i want this board and the halligan community in general to open and accepting for all walks of life.

so basically, next time you find yourself typing something like "for all the gays in p-town" try using your imagination and coming up with something a little more creative than that.
true story, i have gay best friends from providence, and it's known as a gay mecca... so i think that the phrase "for all the gays in p-town" is technically correct.

not defending, just saying that no gays i know would even remotely think about being offended by that.

in other news, they should come back to pittsburgh, but keep it a secret. there were way too many people at the last show.

Emily
Noob

#8 Post by Emily »

i hate when people just use the word gay for saying something is dumb. i am not close to a gay person and i am not gay. but it just bothers me greatly....

just thought i'd put that out there.

olwhatshername
Modenator

#9 Post by olwhatshername »

yeah. i'm not gay either, but pretty much 90% of my friends are either gay or bi, so stuff like that gets really personal with me.

i really hoping i'm not sounding preachy. it's just..... when you equate "homosexual" with stuff like "stupid" or "dumb," you make people feel ashamed of who they are and unwelcome. i wouldn't be able to stand it if this place turned out to not be homo-friendly. i would probably leave.

besides, there are so many better words you can use. please. even if it's just a habit or even if you don't mean to imply anything about someone's actual sexual orientation, don't do that here. or anywhere for that matter.

Doris
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#10 Post by Doris »

:smt014

:nono:

:smt052

:thumbsup:

speagsmanatee
Noob

#11 Post by speagsmanatee »

Doris wrote::smt014

:nono:

:smt052

:thumbsup:
TRANSLATION:
Talk about flipping people off with 2 people and you are good to go.

eyezoopeteis
Noob

#12 Post by eyezoopeteis »

steph wrote:in other news, they should come back to pittsburgh, but keep it a secret. there were way too many people at the last show.
i second that!

slinkster
Noob

#13 Post by slinkster »

olwhatshername wrote:yeah. i'm not gay either, but pretty much 90% of my friends are either gay or bi, so stuff like that gets really personal with me.

i really hoping i'm not sounding preachy. it's just..... when you equate "homosexual" with stuff like "stupid" or "dumb," you make people feel ashamed of who they are and unwelcome. i wouldn't be able to stand it if this place turned out to not be homo-friendly. i would probably leave.

besides, there are so many better words you can use. please. even if it's just a habit or even if you don't mean to imply anything about someone's actual sexual orientation, don't do that here. or anywhere for that matter.
i completely agree with you. the only time i find it acceptable is when someone that is gay does it. well, even then it maybe shouldn't be done because they're saying it's okay to do.. but i have a couple gay friends that do.. and it makes me giggle everytime. :p

as for where tally should play..
i missed their last show here, so i haven't seen them since septemper. so i vote a detroit-area, show within the near furture!

Doris
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#14 Post by Doris »

slinkster wrote:I vote a detroit-area show within the near furture!
mmm hmm

charissa
pans ho
T.H. Show Count: 6

#15 Post by charissa »

somewhere close to me where it isn't snowing

because damn it all if that ONE DAY i missed that show because of snow, it was the ONLY time this season we got any snow at all.
we have a master's degree in ballin'.

Joy
Noob

#16 Post by Joy »

eyezoopeteis wrote:
steph wrote:in other news, they should come back to pittsburgh, but keep it a secret. there were way too many people at the last show.
i second that!
triple true!!
a broken clock is always right twice a day

olwhatshername
Modenator

#17 Post by olwhatshername »

steph wrote:
olwhatshername wrote:
thephantommilk wrote:

true story, i have gay best friends from providence, and it's known as a gay mecca... so i think that the phrase "for all the gays in p-town" is technically correct.

not defending, just saying that no gays i know would even remotely think about being offended by that.

in other news, they should come back to pittsburgh, but keep it a secret. there were way too many people at the last show.

ahhh pffff i hate to bring this up again

i didn't see this explanation before i posted my second rant. i understand now. everythign i said is still true but.... yeah. ok. i understand now

and whats even more hilarious is that i just found out that my gay friend halsey goes to school there! lol
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

savay
Noob

#18 Post by savay »

I want them to come back here. Most bands don't come to the Baltimore/DC area, or if they do, it's infrequently. Which is depressing, because it's the nation's capital!!! So, yeah, Maryland/DC.
erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi

Doris
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#19 Post by Doris »

:logo2: should come to my house. and they don't even have to play. just come and hang out.

EMZ
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#20 Post by EMZ »

Yeah I think everybody wants them to do that!!! :lol: :P
:smt027 EMZ :smt059