Late, Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson 9/16/08

Discuss Tally Hall Shows. Don't forget to write up your summary of the night in the HITS FanJournals, too!
coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

Late, Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson 9/16/08

#1 Post by coz »

So, as we know, Tally Hall will be appearing on The Late, Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Or, if you didn't know.... now you do!

I'm wondering if anyone's been watching him more? I recall last time Tally Hall was on, we generally didn't understand Craig's humor much and liked Conan a lot better. Well, for a few months now, I've been watching Craig a ton more than Conan. I think it was due to seeing Conan's lack of original questions completely overtake the planned ones. Every question he asks the guests now are all pre-planned and Conan even seems uncomfortable asking them or trying to segue into them.

Something you should know about Craig Ferguson: He's usually thought of about 3 topics for his monologue before he goes out and talks almost entirely off the top of his head. No scripts. His questions, as far as I can tell, are thought up ahead of time, but it appears to me they are not pre-screened by the guest nor are they questions the guest requests be asked (which happens all too often on all the top shows including Conan)

So start watching him when you can instead of Conan. Keep these things in mind and appreciate the natural talent he has in engaging his guests and his audience. It took me some time, but I see it very clearly now. And maybe it's that he's grown more comfortable in his role, too. Remember, he'd only been host for a short time when T.H. was on last.

I'll be happy to have another HITS Chat Party during this broadcast, too. Who else is interested???

olivergringold
Sassy
T.H. Show Count: 9

Re: Late, Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson 9/16/08

#2 Post by olivergringold »

It's possible that I could attend said chat. I'd certainly like to. I'll have to see how my schedule pans out.

NivekBackwards
T.H. Show Count: 0

#3 Post by NivekBackwards »

T.H.I.S. followed by them on tv? Sounds great

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#4 Post by olwhatshername »

sure! i remember the band themselves were actually in that chat. and i talked to bora i think.
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

kikimartini
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 1

Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

#5 Post by kikimartini »

It's been forever since I have been on here and I miss the old message board. I have lost my user name and password and finally remembered it today. Anyways, I wish I was going to see Tally Hall tomorrow in California. I will be coming into LAX around 5:30 pm and if I wanted to go, I would have no time. So it's a bummer the day I come in they are playing a show. What such luck. I am hoping that I will be able to talk tonight when Tally Hall is on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Cant wait to see it and I love the first internet show they posted on their website. Did anyone see a sneak peek on one of their shows called Ketchup.
~ :redtie: :yellowtie: :silvertie: :bluetie: :greentie: ~

coz
Administrator Jerk

Re: Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

#6 Post by coz »

kikimartini wrote:It's been forever since I have been on here and I miss the old message board. I have lost my user name and password and finally remembered it today. Anyways, I wish I was going to see Tally Hall tomorrow in California. I will be coming into LAX around 5:30 pm and if I wanted to go, I would have no time. So it's a bummer the day I come in they are playing a show. What such luck. I am hoping that I will be able to talk tonight when Tally Hall is on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Cant wait to see it and I love the first internet show they posted on their website. Did anyone see a sneak peek on one of their shows called Ketchup.
Had to move you into this thread, Kiki. Welcome back -- you can always email me if you forget your username in the future.

So, too bad you won't get to see them at the CBS Studios, but if you're staying in town for a couple days, you have the amazing privilege to see them at The Largo tomorrow night. That place is really spectacular.... and I'd not miss it if I was as close as you were. All my favorite people hang out there and now Tally Hall will play there. So cool.

MANDEEZY
The Blanket Imp
T.H. Show Count: 4

#7 Post by MANDEEZY »

QUESTION: In what kind of an alternate universe are you living in when two of your favorite teachers from high school are going to go see your favorite band in concert and you are not? And you are also flying into the town in which they are performing the day after they perform?

Balls.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#8 Post by coz »

MANDEEZY wrote:QUESTION: In what kind of an alternate universe are you living in when two of your favorite teachers from high school are going to go see your favorite band in concert and you are not? And you are also flying into the town in which they are performing the day after they perform?

Balls.
You're living in an alternate universe known as Balls???

MANDEEZY
The Blanket Imp

#9 Post by MANDEEZY »

coz wrote:
MANDEEZY wrote:QUESTION: In what kind of an alternate universe are you living in when two of your favorite teachers from high school are going to go see your favorite band in concert and you are not? And you are also flying into the town in which they are performing the day after they perform?

Balls.
You're living in an alternate universe known as Balls???
Yes. Everything is just....balls.

olivergringold
Sassy
T.H. Show Count: 9

#10 Post by olivergringold »

You can take this to mean that everything in the universe, including actual childrens' toy balls (and, indeed, actual children) are made of testicles.

Alternatively, you could mean that everything, including testicles, are actually made of bouncy spheres.

kikimartini
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 1

Re: Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

#11 Post by kikimartini »

coz wrote:
kikimartini wrote:It's been forever since I have been on here and I miss the old message board. I have lost my user name and password and finally remembered it today. Anyways, I wish I was going to see Tally Hall tomorrow in California. I will be coming into LAX around 5:30 pm and if I wanted to go, I would have no time. So it's a bummer the day I come in they are playing a show. What such luck. I am hoping that I will be able to talk tonight when Tally Hall is on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. Cant wait to see it and I love the first internet show they posted on their website. Did anyone see a sneak peek on one of their shows called Ketchup.
Had to move you into this thread, Kiki. Welcome back -- you can always email me if you forget your username in the future.

So, too bad you won't get to see them at the CBS Studios, but if you're staying in town for a couple days, you have the amazing privilege to see them at The Largo tomorrow night. That place is really spectacular.... and I'd not miss it if I was as close as you were. All my favorite people hang out there and now Tally Hall will play there. So cool.
Thanks Coz, I wish I got there on Monday or even Today. Maybe I will swing by there. I'll see if either of my sisters is up to it.
~ :redtie: :yellowtie: :silvertie: :bluetie: :greentie: ~

coz
Administrator Jerk

#12 Post by coz »

So we just witnessed Tally Hall's 2nd appearance on The Late, Late Show w/ Craig Ferguson.

They had a much easier time this time around. They played Welcome To Tally Hall, which makes sense because of their recent add of that song on Myspace. They were much more relaxed, too. But they debuted black vests with their standard outfits. Vests??? Hmm. It's interesting.... I dont know if I like them or not, though. Almost a little too formal, perhaps. But maybe there's more to them than I'm aware of at the moment.

There was a brief mention of the internet show during their introduction in which Craig f*ked up the album title. I'm disappointed Craig didn't give them any couch time to promote T.H.I.S. more. But eh, they are a band, after all.

So.... that's all I got for now. I gotta get to bed.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#13 Post by olwhatshername »

i... didn't really like the vests. but the performance was AWESOME.
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

MANDEEZY
The Blanket Imp

#14 Post by MANDEEZY »

One word: sweatervest.

DoctorThunder
A Gentlemen and a Scholar
T.H. Show Count: 2

#15 Post by DoctorThunder »

Instead of vests, they need to go a step further and wear appropriate-coloured Chuck Taylors. That would be hella stylish.
From Chatparty!!!:

ChatParty!!!]: MrMoon has entered at 8:38 pm
[DoctorThunder] 8:38 pm: OH NOES
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: Yeah that's right.
[charissa] 8:38 pm: HE'S BACK
[cozbaldwin] 8:38 pm: thats so funny
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: I am so delighted that you are amused, cozbaldwin.

NivekBackwards
T.H. Show Count: 0

#16 Post by NivekBackwards »

The performance was great

Did anyone happen to record it or find it online. I know Coz had mentioned there being someone on youtube who loved Craig Furguson, and posted the videos the next day.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#17 Post by coz »

NivekBackwards wrote:The performance was great

Did anyone happen to record it or find it online. I know Coz had mentioned there being someone on youtube who loved Craig Furguson, and posted the videos the next day.
Check HITS News. There's only one right now and it's only a video shot with a digital camera. Also keep an eye on this YouTube user who uploads the show almost daily: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=rock3rgyrl

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#18 Post by DwightTheGreat »

I messaged her and let her know I would like to see the video and that I hope she puts it up soon. So she at least knows someone is interested in it.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#19 Post by coz »

DwightTheGreat wrote:I messaged her and let her know I would like to see the video and that I hope she puts it up soon. So she at least knows someone is interested in it.
Yeah I wrote before the show even aired hoping for a copy of their segment. No reply.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#20 Post by DwightTheGreat »

=[