Introductions Thread

Just like in the official forums, anything goes at The 8-Ball.
(Introduction Thread included)

Moderators: olwhatshername, coz

DwightTheGreat
Batman

Re: Introductions Thread

#61 Post by DwightTheGreat »

Yes, welcome to Tally Hallics Anonymous =P

It's a little slow around here at the moment, but Coz and Jill are usually around, and they're pretty nice and awesome.

ettennly
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 1

#62 Post by ettennly »

Hello my name is Lynnette. On the internet my user name is almost always ettennly because I joined a marching band forum when i was 13 and misspelled my name backwards and no one ever has this user name so i kept it.

I am 18 years old and from Kentucky and have been listening to Tally Hall since 2006 when i stumbled upon them on myspace. I was instantly a fan and pretty much an obsessed one. I have no idea why it's taken me this long to even realize there was a forum. Anyways I got my younger sister to listen to Tally Hall and always tried to get people to listen to them. But I didn't really pick back up on Fandom until the Crayola commercial came out in 08 and I went crazy and started listening again. I have since gotten some friends to listen to tally hall and they are now obsessed too.

So for my 18th birthday I asked my mom if I could go see Tally Hall in Chicago and she said no. So I asked some other friends if they wanted to go and my friends mom said she would go. So on May 15th and 16th of 2009 I "spent the night" with my friends and we drove 7 hrs to Chicago to see Tally Hall. It is now the highlight of my 18 years of life. The concert was amazing and my parents still have no idea it happened. I guess I'll stop here.

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#63 Post by coz »

ettennly wrote:Hello my name is Lynnette. On the internet my user name is almost always ettennly because I joined a marching band forum when i was 13 and misspelled my name backwards and no one ever has this user name so i kept it.

I am 18 years old and from Kentucky and have been listening to Tally Hall since 2006 when i stumbled upon them on myspace. I was instantly a fan and pretty much an obsessed one. I have no idea why it's taken me this long to even realize there was a forum. Anyways I got my younger sister to listen to Tally Hall and always tried to get people to listen to them. But I didn't really pick back up on Fandom until the Crayola commercial came out in 08 and I went crazy and started listening again. I have since gotten some friends to listen to tally hall and they are now obsessed too.

So for my 18th birthday I asked my mom if I could go see Tally Hall in Chicago and she said no. So I asked some other friends if they wanted to go and my friends mom said she would go. So on May 15th and 16th of 2009 I "spent the night" with my friends and we drove 7 hrs to Chicago to see Tally Hall. It is now the highlight of my 18 years of life. The concert was amazing and my parents still have no idea it happened. I guess I'll stop here.
Well thanks for joining, Lynette! There are two forums, in fact. This one and the official one. You can get to it using the main menu at the top - under COMMUNITIES > FORUMS.

I wish more parents would know the unforgettable, amazing nature of a Tally Hall show and realize how awful it is what they're doing by not allowing their children to go. I see it all too often.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#64 Post by olwhatshername »

Now there is a true Tally Hallic! I love it! And Welcome! Exclamation point!
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

KikiElise
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 6

#65 Post by KikiElise »

Since I just did this over on the other board, I might as well introduce myself here.

I'm Kirsten, from Livonia, MI. This is my first time on the HITS boards (and the official TH boards, for that matter), but I'm a long-time fan of Tally Hall. My cousin made me watch the Banana Man video right around the time it started popping up on the internet, and I've been hooked ever since. I didn't get to see them live until last April when they came to Mt Pleasant (I go to Central Mich U), and it was probably the best concert of my life. Shortly thereafter, I found out that Rob and Zubin went to high school where my dad did his choir student teacher. Sure enough, they remembered him and he remembered them! He got to see them when they played at Cityfest in Detroit last year. :)

I just finished my sophomore year at CMU, working on a major in music education (voice and cello). I plan on being a middle school strings teacher. I have a sister who teaches middle school choirs in NC, and my parents have taught music for...several years, so I guess it runs in the family. Haha.

Favorite MMMM song: changes from time to time, but right now I'm having a love affair with "Greener."
Favorite "new" song: I absolutely adore "You and Me."

Also, in my picture, I'm the brunette at the top of the triangle. Liz, the blonde, is another fan up at CMU. Monica has been my roommate for 2 years, and has finally come round to loving Tally Hall. :D It's a picture from the recent Lansing show.
~Kirst

olwhatshername
Modenator

#66 Post by olwhatshername »

I love that your picture you all are wearing the shirts and ties and VESTS!
Ah, the eras of Tally-dom.

KikiElise
Noob

#67 Post by KikiElise »

Yeah, it started at the Mt Pleasant show last year, when my cousin and I decided to dress up and get our ties signed. Liz jumped on with us, and now we each have three signed. I have red/blue/grey, Liz has grey/blue/green. Rob told us where they ordered their original ties from so we could find a yellow tie. Haha
~Kirst

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#68 Post by DwightTheGreat »

Welcome ladies! I said it on the other forum, but I'll sat it again here! HITS is a lovely place to find random TH information, put together by our pal, Mr. Coz.

KikiElise
Noob

#69 Post by KikiElise »

Thanks, Dwight! :) I've been poking around HITS for a while, but I'm excited to participate in the forums and fanjournals now :D

Also, I'm going to shamelessly plug mine and Kat's photos that we just posted today from Thursday's Detroit show. It was a wonderful time, and the lighting was perfect.
/shameless plug
~Kirst

flyboy
Noob

#70 Post by flyboy »

Hi, I'm FlyBoy (aka: Greg.)

I met TallyHall on ABS one day...a long time ago...and I thought the video was silly and a waste of time...then I found myself singing the song the next day and went back to have another listen. I fell madly in love. TH's CD was my first online purchase ever.

I used to be addicted to the TH forums...but in an odd way I feel I still am...

coz
Administrator Jerk

#71 Post by coz »

flyboy wrote:Hi, I'm FlyBoy (aka: Greg.)

I met TallyHall on ABS one day...a long time ago...and I thought the video was silly and a waste of time...then I found myself singing the song the next day and went back to have another listen. I fell madly in love. TH's CD was my first online purchase ever.

I used to be addicted to the TH forums...but in an odd way I feel I still am...
:wave1: :wave1: :wave1:

olwhatshername
Modenator

#72 Post by olwhatshername »

gggggrrrrreeeeeggg

BirdLalena
Noob

#73 Post by BirdLalena »

Well Hello fellow Tally Hall fans!
My name is Leilani, but I go by Bird. I am a loyal follower of Joe Hawley :redtie: and have been a fan of Tally Hall since May of 2008 when my brother said "Let's go see this awesome band I just found they will be here on this day!" So I went, and I fell madly in love with their music and Joe.
I also saw them this winter with Rooney (my other fave band) and was thoroughly impressed by the new music. I particularly like A Lady, &, and Sacred Beast, also Turn of the Lights was fun. It was before this show I finally met Joe and Rob in a grocery store and chatted with Joe about flowers, money and invisibility. After the show Joe and I almost got married, till Zubin messed it up, so then we decided it was better to just be engaged till all were excepting of our love. :lol:
It was SO much fun! They never cease to entertain me!
LONG LIVE BANANAMAN!!! :bananas:

coz
Administrator Jerk

#74 Post by coz »

BirdLalena wrote:Well Hello fellow Tally Hall fans!
My name is Leilani, but I go by Bird. I am a loyal follower of Joe Hawley :redtie: and have been a fan of Tally Hall since May of 2008 when my brother said "Let's go see this awesome band I just found they will be here on this day!" So I went, and I fell madly in love with their music and Joe.
I also saw them this winter with Rooney (my other fave band) and was thoroughly impressed by the new music. I particularly like A Lady, &, and Sacred Beast, also Turn of the Lights was fun. It was before this show I finally met Joe and Rob in a grocery store and chatted with Joe about flowers, money and invisibility. After the show Joe and I almost got married, till Zubin messed it up, so then we decided it was better to just be engaged till all were excepting of our love. :lol:
It was SO much fun! They never cease to entertain me!
LONG LIVE BANANAMAN!!! :bananas:
Hey Bird! Thanks for joining us. Most of the forum action goes on at the official forums though, these days. So forgive my/our late reply to you here. I see youve already signed up over there so be sure to say hi.

Tawnyowl38
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 0

#75 Post by Tawnyowl38 »

Hello
I'm Tawny and I'm from Australia and I'm kinda new to the fandom i got into TallyHall and the community last year roughly around October or September and i really like TallyHall!
my favourite member is Joe Hawley and my favourite songs would have to be hymn for a scarecrow, spring and a storm and Banana man. my favourite foods are noodles, soup, pizza and pancakes and my favourite season is summer and my hobbies are listening to music, reading books, watching movies/TV shows/YouTube and my favourite THIS dream would have to be Joe's dream.

Hope you liked my Introduction!
Tawnyowl38

Danieldam
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 42

Актриса Ольга Фадеева Actre….

#76 Post by Danieldam »

Is Olga Fadeeva challenging societal norms and redefining the role of actresses in the entertainment industry, or is she merely conforming to traditional expectations? Explore her career choices, performances, and public image to analyze the impact she has on the perception of actresses in contemporary society.

Danieldam
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 42

Актриса Ольга Фадеева - Actre….

#77 Post by Danieldam »

Have we reached a point where society values an actor's physical appearance more than their talent and skill? In a world obsessed with aesthetics, how can we shift the focus back onto the craft and away from the external image of actors like Olga Fadeeva? Can we redefine the standards of beauty in the entertainment industry?