Introductions Thread

Just like in the official forums, anything goes at The 8-Ball.
(Introduction Thread included)

Moderators: olwhatshername, coz

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

Introductions Thread

#1 Post by coz »

Whoever you are, if you want to...
say hi and tell us all about yourself in this thread!

EDIT: I guess I should include mine here, too.........

My name is Coz. 27 years old today (Jan 8th) Livin' in the burbs of Philadelphia, PA

I found Tally Hall February 1st 2005.
I started spreading them all around the net within 2 hours of hearing them on Myspace after I got a random friend request... even though I wasn't involved in too many communities, I tried. The band was still young and hadn't ventured much further than Ann Arbor at that point. They picked up on my efforts, as did their closest friends. I began to get some emails from them thanking me for pushing them here on the east coast. In April 2005 I saw them at The Pingry Spring Fling and met them for the first time. That was concert #1 of 11 (I think?). I've since created the Tally Hall Livejournal, Tally Hall Yahoo! Group, and of course the awesome HIDDENINTHESAND.COM.

I believe the world of popular music needs them. I just don't know if the world of popular music is ready.
Last edited by coz on Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

EMZ
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
T.H. Show Count: 0

#2 Post by EMZ »

Hi my real name Shanaynay and I am a :smt027 My profile says that I am from Ohio but I don't really live there!! :smt005

Ok seriously!! Hi my name is Emz! Yes I am from the boring State Ohio, but I am gonna move one day! I hate bananas!!! :smt019
Anyway I thought I might get the ball rolling!! That and I am bored and sick !!
:smt027 EMZ :smt059

speagsmanatee
Noob

#3 Post by speagsmanatee »

I am Speagsmanatee

I live in a house and I need barbed wire. My favorite cereal is Reese's Puffs and my shoes are black.

My anti-drug is verb.

I learned of Tally Hall by clicking on a link for banana man on a site called milkandcookies.com.

I am an octopus of epic proportions.

slinkster
Noob

#4 Post by slinkster »

i'm jennifer. i just turned eighteen.

i'm from michigan, about a half hour out of ann arbor. i live in the same city as the world's first kmart, first sit-down mcdonalds, first little caesars and henry ford's honey moon house.

i'm a big fan of road trips, unicorns, cemeteries, soup, uno and clapping.

i first saw tally hall when they opened for puffy amiyumi in detriot. i've never seen an episode of puffy amiyumi.

eyezoopeteis
Noob

#5 Post by eyezoopeteis »

i am klara. i currently reside 45 minutes outside of pittsburgh, pennsylvania, but i lived in northern virginia until i was 13. my father was born in latvia. my favorite color is turquoise. i first heard tally hall when they opened for ok go.

charissa
pans ho
T.H. Show Count: 6

#6 Post by charissa »

i am charissa. i live in pittsburgh and have seen the tallies 3/4 times they've been here. I like my city. I want to make movies for a living. I don't live a half hour from ann arbor but i live a half mile from Ann Arbor Ave. I once got in an accident right after a tally concert and i don't plan to do it again. I like physics. I discovered tally hall at the same ok go concert.
Last edited by charissa on Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
we have a master's degree in ballin'.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#7 Post by olwhatshername »

jill? you could be thinking: what kind of a name is that? or hey, that's the second jill i know. or sheesh man, my name is jason/josh/jennie/joanne/etc and our names both start with a j. either way, you should know a few things about jill.

she is hardworking, laidback, friendly, vegetarian, and accepting. she is irish/native american/scottish/english/french canadian.

here is a list of jill's favorites:

CEREAL: fruit harvest
BAND MEMBER: horowitz
ZIPPER FLY COMPANY: ykk
KANYE WEST: kanye west
APPENDAGE: left big toe
NES GAME: ultimate street fighter
STAGE OF MITOSIS: anaphase
RUDIMENTARY SHAPE: triangle

now, we move on a list of analogies:

paisley : polka dots
as
movie theatre style popcorn : old fashioned style popcorn

and finally,

it is done.

wait.

ok.

now, it's done.

-phew

Emily
Noob

#8 Post by Emily »

olwhatshername wrote:jill? you could be thinking: what kind of a name is that? or hey, that's the second jill i know. or sheesh man, my name is jason/josh/jennie/joanne/etc and our names both start with a j. either way, you should know a few things about jill.

she is hardworking, laidback, friendly, vegetarian, and accepting. she is irish/native american/scottish/english/french canadian.

as

and finally,

it is done.

wait.

ok.

now, it's done.

-phew
jill...you made me pretty happy:) not gonna lie.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#9 Post by olwhatshername »

Emily wrote:
olwhatshername wrote:jill? you could be thinking: what kind of a name is that? or hey, that's the second jill i know. or sheesh man, my name is jason/josh/jennie/joanne/etc and our names both start with a j. either way, you should know a few things about jill.

as

and finally,

it is done.

wait.

ok.

now, it's done.

-phew
jill...you made me pretty happy:) not gonna lie.
oh it was nothing really. just copied and pasted. and thank you for picking up on it. i was really afraid that no one would.

there were some parts i couldn't fix too. like i couldn't think of any other zipper companies or any other kanye wests.

Joy
Noob

#10 Post by Joy »

hehe...don't worry jill u never fail to make me giggle...

hello .....just like jill my name also starts with a j...i live in pittsburgh, can't juggle, and i only like bananas with peanut butter...i discovered tally hall when i FAILED to go to previously-mentioned ok go concert and was brought up to date by my dear friend charissa at another friends suprise party( i have friends..i know...suprising..)...i love going to concerts, practicing my guitar, jump roping, and long walks on the beach.....LITTLE-KNOWN FACT: i almost got astma at ten years old when a girl whacked me in the back with an aluminum baseball bat....luckily it was a magic wand and now im a boisonberry.....au revior!...
a broken clock is always right twice a day

steph
saucepot
T.H. Show Count: 10

#11 Post by steph »

i am me, and that's enough for me.

i first saw tally hall when i was getting a beer to pass the time before okgo went on stage at mr. small's in pittsburgh on may 12, 2006. it has been a roller coaster ride since then.

they caused me to miss my senior dinner, which included free drinks.

they caused my old car, foster, jr. to become junkyard fodder 5 hours from home.

they made me watch as some very creepy guys (aka tubalcaine) roared, screamed, dumped beer and potato chips on their heads, and made out on stage.

they also made me listen to some pretty weird japanese pop music (and i will never get any of those minutes of my life back).

they caused me to miss a review for my probability final, as well as a potential steelers game.

but they're pretty funny, intelligent, and good at what they do... so i forgive them.

slinkster
Noob

#12 Post by slinkster »

steph wrote:i am me, and that's enough for me.

i first saw tally hall when i was getting a beer to pass the time before okgo went on stage at mr. small's in pittsburgh on may 12, 2006. it has been a roller coaster ride since then.

they caused me to miss my senior dinner, which included free drinks.

they caused my old car, foster, jr. to become junkyard fodder 5 hours from home.

they made me watch as some very creepy guys (aka tubalcaine) roared, screamed, dumped beer and potato chips on their heads, and made out on stage.

they also made me listen to some pretty weird japanese pop music (and i will never get any of those minutes of my life back).

they caused me to miss a review for my probability final, as well as a potential steelers game.

but they're pretty funny, intelligent, and good at what they do... so i forgive them.
if it weren't for that "weird japanese pop music" i would not know of tally hall. i'm forever grateful for those minutes!

savay
Noob

#13 Post by savay »

I'm am Savannah. But you can call me Savay, Savvs, Savvos, Savvies, Savavies, Fanny Pack, Cinnamon, Vanna, or any other weird thing you can think of. Yes, I answer to all of these and some others, too.

Jason, AKA Ibram, introduced me to Tally Hall. That silly boy nagged me for months on end to listen to this band. But we differ on almost all of the rest of our music tastes, so i just ignored him for ages. Finally, toward the end of 2005, he refused to be ignored any longer. He sent me Pingry EP and a bit of Complete Demos, and I was completely hooked from there on out. I have seen Tally Hall three times in concert. Once in Ibram's basement, better known as Wall Party '06. The next time was July 9th, 2006, when I went and saw Tally Hall opening for Puffy Ami Yumi at the 9:30 Club in DC. Two days later, I went and saw them again at a bar called Fletcher's in Baltimore, MD. The last two times were accompanied by my friend Tree, and those were AWESOME days.

I also twirl for my school's flag team and aspire to be a novelist. I play video games and obsess about Harry Potter. I go into withdrawl when I don't have any books to read.
erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi

ChubbyChao
Noob

#14 Post by ChubbyChao »

I am Josh. Perhaps the same Josh as mention in Jill's fantastic introduction. Fantastic enough to make Zubin proud and/or green with envy and piss off Andrew for using his color in vain.

I live in what I consider the heart of New Jersey: Sayreville. Others probably disagree with the previous statement and I agree with their disagreement because chances are I'm wrong.

I found out about Tally Hall after watching Banana Man, being scared, and then watching Greener and loving the song playing in the background. Circa August 2005.

I have met and seen the guys of Tally Hall on October 24, 2006 at 6:09PM in Maxwell's of Hoboken, New Jersey. The situation was borderline awkward at the beginning, slowly etching its way into comfort. It was my first concert. Ever.
Prior to meeting them in person, I have spoken with Andrew and Ross over Jennie's phone on August 11th. Several phone conversations over Jennie's phone followed with them thereafter (one involving Joe as "Gay Zubin with leather chaps")
I've also been noted by the guys as "the guy who was talking about Brave New World with Ross" which is a reference to an email conversation I've had with Ross regarding the book. This title was given to me the night of my first concert.

I am currently spending my time with school, slumber, my kitchen, and a Tally Hall cover band known as T.H. Phone Home.

joanne
Noob

#15 Post by joanne »

why hello there!

my name is joanne

i'm smart, quirky, and just like the rest of you, i love tally hall

basically there's not too much i can tell you about myself that you can't find out about me on these here forums

i feel a little silly (ugh. i hate the word silly, but it's organic in this context) introducing myself because most of you know me, and a few of you know me a little more than you should...but whatever

my interests include (but are not limited to): speaking spanish, drinking tea, answering questions, writing jokes, anecdotes, and scripts, going to concerts (especially those of the tally persuasion, thumb rings, laughing, cliches, eating, ya know- the uuussse

random facts about joanne!
-she has no tonsils
-she has a list of favorite words
-she has been to 6 tally hall concerts
-she is originally from new jersey (the very same county as andrew horowitz!)
-her dad spells her name wrong
-she is allergic to all things citrus
-she is a comfortable 5 feet, 8 inches tall (which is good for playing her favorite sport, basketball!)
-she works in a coffee shop
-she's coming to a town near you!!

sorry if i went overboard, it's a boring sunday night

puppies and kittens,

joanne! :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117 :smt117

that's basically the funniest thing ever...besides "joshyg"
“In order to change the world, I guess a person would have to really get his head together first before he can say anything to the world, to change it.”

steph
saucepot
T.H. Show Count: 10

#16 Post by steph »

joanne wrote:
puppies and kittens,

that is my favorite smiley ever, and no one has commented on my use of it yet, so here i am, commenting on YOUR use of it.

I LOVE THAT SMILEY.

ChubbyChao
Noob

#17 Post by ChubbyChao »

steph wrote:
joanne wrote:
puppies and kittens,

that is my favorite smiley ever, and no one has commented on my use of it yet, so here i am, commenting on YOUR use of it.

I LOVE THAT SMILEY.
I concur!

I was telling her that over the phone.

Firebird00500

#18 Post by Firebird00500 »

Hello everyone, I'm Bearwhale from the original tally hall forums. My name is Jacob, and I live about 5-10 minutes away from the Palace. I saw Tally Hall at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor.

Interesting Fact about Firebird: I was born in St. Joseph Mercy Hospital in Ann Arbor. We moved to Oregon from there when I was 1.

Doris
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#19 Post by Doris »

Welcome, Jacob! :smt001

Emily
Noob

#20 Post by Emily »

my name is emily.

tally hall is my favorite band, yet i do love other music.

music gets me through the day.

i'm addicted to the forums, and wish i wasn't.

i do have a life.

i truely thing i have an obsession disease.

i am a very paranoid person.

i love to have fun&laugh.

i'm italian. and i get made fun of for it.
but i'm only 1/8 italian.

now i'm going to eat chocolate and go to bed.