Where You Been?!

Just like in the official forums, anything goes at The 8-Ball.
(Introduction Thread included)

Moderators: olwhatshername, coz

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

Where You Been?!

#1 Post by coz »

Oookkaayyy

Even before spambots infested the official forums, many of you "O.G. boardies" (that's Original Gangsta') started to fade away into the recesses of our memories.

So I wanna know... WHERE YOU BEEN!?

What have you been doing these past 6 months or so? Tell us about it.
Or, if you've been doing nothing new and different, then what's kept you from posting as regularly as you used to?

And I don't have to name names here. You know who you are. :smt108

EMZ
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
T.H. Show Count: 0

#2 Post by EMZ »

Well after my four month sabbatical backpacking in Europe, I decided to take a month and do some soul searching and decide whether or not to continue living in the ghetto.

I am now back at home finishing my memiors and have finally found a title: "The life and times of a nobody"!!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :smt005 I know I know when you stop laughing you can all tell us what you have been up to!! :smt101

LATER!! KISSES!!
:smt027 EMZ :smt059

coz
Administrator Jerk

#3 Post by coz »

apparently... they're still in hiding....

Kitsune
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 5

#4 Post by Kitsune »

Well, I moved back in August and was without internet until December '06. I did have access at my college, but only during breaks which were very few :/

EMZ
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#5 Post by EMZ »

I'm still here!!! Hanging out all by myself like a big fat loser :cry:
:smt027 EMZ :smt059

justin
Noob

Re: Where You Been?!

#6 Post by justin »

I DIDN'T KNOW OF THIS EXISTING

coz
Administrator Jerk

#7 Post by coz »

justin wrote:I DIDN'T KNOW OF THIS EXISTING
How could you be so obtuse?!

Doris
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie
1st Degree Black Bow-Tie

#8 Post by Doris »

coz wrote:How could you be so obtuse?!
best movie ever.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#9 Post by coz »

Doris wrote:
coz wrote:How could you be so obtuse?!
best movie ever.
:smt023 :wink: Agreed. (Or at least top 10 ever)

olivergringold
Sassy
T.H. Show Count: 9

#10 Post by olivergringold »

I've been around. I'm now a double major at Bloomsburg University, studying Computer Science and English (creative writing) simultaneously. Since none of the course requirements for these majors overlap, this has pushed back my graduation date to May 2011.

In case you guys haven't noticed, there's been little news out of me for a while.

I'm really proud of all the TH history I've managed to dig up, and I from time to time still look back at my own submissions to the HITS FAQ. I know that when Tally Hall is big and famous people will be talking about trivia that wouldn't exist if not for the efforts of Coz, Jennie and I. That's pretty rewarding.

There were also my contributions to Spoon. I was sad to see it go. Sessam eht nopu Gnos Nekcihc Elbbog Eht dehsaelnu ohw I saw't, gnirednow s'ydobyna esac ni.

I still check back with HITS every now and again. Time was when I would know about all of these video interviews before they even hit YouTube, but those times have gone and the new fans are taking over as far as matters of obsessiveness are concerned. OWN and Coz are still pretty awesome as far as that goes.

I'll post again when I have something to say.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#11 Post by coz »

olivergringold wrote:I've been around. I'm now a double major at Bloomsburg University, studying Computer Science and English (creative writing) simultaneously. Since none of the course requirements for these majors overlap, this has pushed back my graduation date to May 2011.

In case you guys haven't noticed, there's been little news out of me for a while.

I'm really proud of all the TH history I've managed to dig up, and I from time to time still look back at my own submissions to the HITS FAQ. I know that when Tally Hall is big and famous people will be talking about trivia that wouldn't exist if not for the efforts of Coz, Jennie and I. That's pretty rewarding.

There were also my contributions to Spoon. I was sad to see it go. Sessam eht nopu Gnos Nekcihc Elbbog Eht dehsaelnu ohw I saw't, gnirednow s'ydobyna esac ni.

I still check back with HITS every now and again. Time was when I would know about all of these video interviews before they even hit YouTube, but those times have gone and the new fans are taking over as far as matters of obsessiveness are concerned. OWN and Coz are still pretty awesome as far as that goes.

I'll post again when I have something to say.
I guess this is growing up...?

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#12 Post by DwightTheGreat »

That it is. We've missed you Oliver!

olivergringold
Sassy

#13 Post by olivergringold »

Coz wrote:I guess this is growing up...?
Not growing up as much as getting old. Well, relatively speaking. Keeping up with all the interviews and such is difficult to do when time at school is spent on double-majoring and half of all break time is spent journeying out of town with no reliable internet service (for funsies). I also have a much greater affection for the old and obscure knowledge, things like listedBlack and Toy Orchestra, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think I've discovered just about everything I'll ever discover as far as those subjects are concerned.

New trivia will have to be scoured for by new fans. I'm content to sit on the sidelines and wonder how much knowledge will be my fault.
DwightTheGreat wrote:That it is. We've missed you Oliver!
I've missed you all, too. But to clarify, that wasn't really a good-bye message as much as it was a declaration of "don't expect me to be as awesome as I used to be because I'm getting kind of tired of crawling through the deepest trenches of the internet and finding nothing."

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#14 Post by DwightTheGreat »

Understandable... bee tee dubs, I like your picture.

olivergringold
Sassy

#15 Post by olivergringold »

It was inspired by my wondering why on earth Cartoon Network never did a spinoff of the reality TV show "The Mole."

This was shortly followed by my wondering why Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon both suck these days (Nickelodeon not as much, but definitely not as cool as it was when I was younger).

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#16 Post by DwightTheGreat »

aah, yes. VERY often that conversation arises when I'm with people. The 90's was the golden age of cartoons. CN and Nick both had so many great shows (specifically Nick).

I swear, if I ever have a kid, I will buy the dvds of all the cartoons and shows I watched when I was young, and let them watch those. Ok, enough off topic from me.

HomeStarRunnerTron
Noob

#17 Post by HomeStarRunnerTron »

DwightTheGreat wrote:CN and Nick both had so many great shows (specifically Nick).
Although you meant cartoons, if ever there's a show to be remembered from Nickelodeon, it's The Adventures of Pete and Pete. *twitches* MAN, that show was SO amazabulonderfistastical! *rocks down* Hey, Sandyyy... does your dooog bite...
You understand
mechanical hands
are the Ruler of Everything.
Ruler of Everything.
I'm the Ruler of Everything
in the End.

DoctorThunder
A Gentlemen and a Scholar
T.H. Show Count: 2

#18 Post by DoctorThunder »

The greatest cartoon tragedy that has ever happened was the removal of the classic Looney Tunes from cartoon network. Those animated shorts essentially defined cartoons as we know it, and therefore need to be embedded into our children's minds forever. It's unforgivable that they decided not to keep playing them.
From Chatparty!!!:

ChatParty!!!]: MrMoon has entered at 8:38 pm
[DoctorThunder] 8:38 pm: OH NOES
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: Yeah that's right.
[charissa] 8:38 pm: HE'S BACK
[cozbaldwin] 8:38 pm: thats so funny
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: I am so delighted that you are amused, cozbaldwin.

olivergringold
Sassy

#19 Post by olivergringold »

They actually started a second network to host those called Boomerang, and it also carries some of their 90s era cartoons. Unfortunately DirecTV doesn't have it, so I only get to watch it at any McDonald's built after 2007 or in select hotel chains.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#20 Post by DwightTheGreat »

Lol, I actually made sure to say "shows" instead of "cartoons" because I loved Pete and Pete... and Salute Your Shorts... and Are You Afraid of the Dark... and Legends of the Hidden Temple. Nick had great shows.