Radio Appearance Ann Arbor's 107.1 - May 14th 2009

General talk about the band and/or Tally Hall news updates
coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

Radio Appearance Ann Arbor's 107.1 - May 14th 2009

#1 Post by coz »

The benefits of Twitter: Knowing about an in-studio performance soon before it happens.

I ran into many issues trying to get the stream working and I was at work, being distracted by someone who needed my assistance at the worst possible time. I missed them playing Sacred Beast but I did get Whole World & You as well as Misery Fell.

BIG thanks to @cdigames for the first portion of the audio!

http://www.hiddeninthesand.com/gallery/ ... 09_aa1071/

DwightTheGreat
Batman

Re: Radio Appearance Ann Arbor's 107.1 - May 14th 2009

#2 Post by DwightTheGreat »

NONE OF THAT "Sometime this year" CRAP!!

SAY JUNE!! JUST SAY IT!

stop teasing us...

On a related note; good performance. I can't wait to see them next Wednesday. And I love how Joe mentioned Jukebox The Ghost and April Smith. I love them both.

cdigames
Noob

#3 Post by cdigames »

Did they mention that they'd be playing with Malbec? I didn't quite catch it right

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#4 Post by coz »

Yes they mentioned Malbec.

Also, Dwight, I was very concerned with the way Andrew laughs and says "That's a good question." when the DJ asked when they will be recording. This leads me to believe there's been some recent roadblocks put in place preventing their planned June beginning.

Who knows. I'm sure we'll get clarification on this soon, though. We must. Exclamation point!

karik
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 0

#5 Post by karik »

Aww I wish we had a more approximate date when they'd be recording and expecting the album to be out.

Loved the performances though, especially Misery Fell.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#6 Post by DwightTheGreat »

I just hope it comes out this year... I don't care if it comes out december 31st, just so long as it comes out this year. 2009's an awesome year for music (all my other top bands are releasing albums), and I'd love for Tally Hall to add to the reasons why 2009 = Musical Awesomeness.

Also, i just REALLY WANT THIS ALBUM. But, hey, we all do.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#7 Post by olwhatshername »

we need to harass* them about when they're going to start recording when we see them on the tour!

*be polite and ask them once.
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#8 Post by DwightTheGreat »

I was just about to ask if someone could make MP3s of them, but as always, Coz is on top of it. Thanks!

KikiElise
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 6

#9 Post by KikiElise »

coz wrote: Also, Dwight, I was very concerned with the way Andrew laughs and says "That's a good question." when the DJ asked when they will be recording. This leads me to believe there's been some recent roadblocks put in place preventing their planned June beginning.
When my dad and I talked to Rob on Thursday, he said Atlantic basically doesn't want to spend money on putting them in the studio until they know they have a guaranteed hit on their hands. And when we talked to Andrew, he said that if it reaches a certain point in time (I don't remember exactly when he said) and they haven't recorded yet, they'll probably try to get dropped.

erk.
~Kirst

olwhatshername
Modenator

#10 Post by olwhatshername »

If Atlantic can't see that Tally Hall would be HUGE if advertised correctly, they are DUMB. Yes, I said it. DUMB.

Seriously. If M4 didn't sell as well as they had hoped, it's only because the label did half the amount of advertising that they should've.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#11 Post by DwightTheGreat »

And, of course, they have to take into account that some people won't buy the same album twice. This is a new album, and they know TH fans have been waiting a long time for this.

I think we need to do something.

Let me rephrase that: I think we NEED to do something! We should get them publicity ourselves, through FB, what have you, anything. A FB group; "We want Tally Hall's 2nd album, and we want it now!" Sure it's just one little idea, but the point remains, we need to hype them up, SHOW Atlantic that they would make a mistake to drop them.

Come on, it's time for some revolution, it's been 4 years. It's time.

ettennly
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 1

#12 Post by ettennly »

In Chicago they basically said that if we wanted a new album we needed to take that up with Atlantic. I also agree we need to organize something!

olwhatshername
Modenator

#13 Post by olwhatshername »

Hmm... shall we organize an email campaign to the label? Start an online petition?

They need to know that the album will sell so it should say something like "I promise to buy the album and to introduce five friends to the band!"

KikiElise
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 6

#14 Post by KikiElise »

we could start by starting a separate thread for this. haha

And I think the facebook group would be a good place to jump off from. From there we can direct people to petitions, letters, etc.
~Kirst