Taking Action: The Tally Hallics' Battle

General talk about the band and/or Tally Hall news updates
DwightTheGreat
Batman

Taking Action: The Tally Hallics' Battle

#1 Post by DwightTheGreat »

November 2005.

Can any of you remember what you did that month? I certainly can't. The only mark of importance that month holds is that it marks the release of Tally Hall's first album. Hm... Tally Hall... they're a good band, with several song writers... Some bands, with a third of the song writers, can release good albums every 2 years. So, what, that's 2005, 2007, 2009... Yep, I can't wait for Tally Hall's third album, coming out this year.

WAIT! They haven't released their second album. The thing is, we know they can, they have the material, and we KNOW it's good. This is no longer about them. There is just one reason why it is taking so long to get into the studio, and I think we all can agree on what that is.

So, how do we go about dealing with Atlantic? They are not a "problem" but they aren't helping like we thought they would. They just need to see the enthusiasm we so abundantly share. I propose that we attempt to pressure them to let Tally Hall into the studio, essentially we would be acting as the band's P.R. people, promoting them at every chance. I put forth this thread so that we may discuss ways to get the appropriate reactions. I think we can all agree on a FB group as a starting point, and I'll gladly make one, but we should discuss here what is best to say in it, from title to content, we want to look nothing short of professional.

Think on this,
Dwight.

"We shall defend our [band], whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender." - Winston Churchill

ettennly
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 1

Re: Taking Action: The Tally Hallics' Battle

#2 Post by ettennly »

I think it would be a good idea to organize a meeting in the chat room to discuss!

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#3 Post by olwhatshername »

The beaches is a good idea, Mr. Churchill.

I think we should start an online petition to go along with the Facebook group.
And eventually we should email the label. Or call them.
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#4 Post by DwightTheGreat »

Agreed, but in this day and age, FB groups are becoming petitions. Numbers speak loudly. And I think when we get to the Email phase we should probably send a few. Spaced out of course, not clusterbombing them. The goal is to get a response from them, then they'll know we exist and that we want this album.

Heal_No_Knelt_Man
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 3

#5 Post by Heal_No_Knelt_Man »

I am in full support of an FB group. As soon as you make it, I'll join. I'll probably make all of my friends join too.

This whole Atlantic thing is just ridiculous. "Fight the Man!" I say. Because I want a new Tally Hall album and I want it NOW (or at least in the next few months, preferably).

KikiElise
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 6

#6 Post by KikiElise »

I was cleaning my bathroom today, and I may or may not have been singing "Two Wuv" quietly to myself. All of a sudden, I started putting in my own words, and while I cleaned the rest of my house, I kept my mind occupied with THIS:

(to the tune of "Two Wuv")
To whom it may concern/There's something you should learn/There's this band we like a lot/But they're recording squat/We're not sure if you know/Just how we love them so/We know it takes some time/And you're not a gold mine

Today/We rewrote the song "Two Wuv"/To tell what we're thinking of/Because where our hearts reside/Is with guys in colored ties

If you just gave them a chance/They'd show you what we want/And teach you what they've got/They tickle each and every one of our fancies/So take the key to your heart and open it/And let their love shine through

CHORUS
Dear Atlantic Records/We hope you understand/That we love Tally Hall/Yes they're our favorite band/And we think that it'd be totally sweet/If you let them in the studio to record their new CD

Tally Hall/You've heard the songs they play/Like "Greener" and "Good Day"/Their new stuff's TWICE as good/So come on, so come on, so come on

It's sadness every day without their new CD/And we really wanna really wanna REALLY wanna buy it/So please don't hesitate/Just let 'em sing!

CHORUS

We know life/Without new Tally Hall would be/Sad/Yes we know it'd be bad

Dear Atlantic Records/We hope you understand/Tally Hall's music has blossomed/And we want to hear our band/And we think that it'd be totally sweet/If you let them in the studio to record their new CD

Once you learn to love them/Life will be all right/Once we get their album/Life will be all right
~

Kat and I were discussing this, and we were thinking if we can find a track without the voices, we could record the new lyrics and THEN get videos of as many fans as possible singing it and edit them all together in an epic video to send in to Atlantic. (the video we had in mind when thinking of this was the Ludo Video Thing 13)

Thoughts? I know it's not the greatest, but I was going stir crazy cleaning my house and I needed something to occupy my mind.
~Kirst

ettennly
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 1

#7 Post by ettennly »

^ Ahhh i was sooo rewriting two wuv with the same idea of a letter to Atlantic! I didn't get mine finished yet but yay someone else had the same idea! I think it's a good idea though for the facebook group I would join and get all my friends to join also!

KikiElise
Noob

#8 Post by KikiElise »

Great minds think alike!
~Kirst

Heal_No_Knelt_Man
Noob

#9 Post by Heal_No_Knelt_Man »

I APPROVE (but I suppose you already knew that).

BTW, does anyone know where we could get a voice-less recording of Two Wuv?

ALSO, what's a good video editing program for Windows XP that's easy to download and free (and perhaps a little illegal)?

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#10 Post by DwightTheGreat »

If ANYONE would be able to get voiceless Two Wuv, it would be the band, we should email them, asking them if they could send us a copy. As for the FB group, I'll get on that tonight. My night is pretty open (the only other thing i'm doing is playing Pokemon... it's ok guys, I'm bringing it back).

Also, I highly support your video idea, if you want, I can edit it together (I'm a film major, so I may as well help any way I can). Once we get a version of the song, we'll put a download on the FB page for people to record their video, then they can email it to me. I think a different person should do each line, to get the maximum number of fans... By the way, EXCELLENT idea.

KikiElise
Noob

#11 Post by KikiElise »

DwightTheGreat wrote:If ANYONE would be able to get voiceless Two Wuv, it would be the band, we should email them, asking them if they could send us a copy. As for the FB group, I'll get on that tonight. My night is pretty open (the only other thing i'm doing is playing Pokemon... it's ok guys, I'm bringing it back).

Also, I highly support your video idea, if you want, I can edit it together (I'm a film major, so I may as well help any way I can). Once we get a version of the song, we'll put a download on the FB page for people to record their video, then they can email it to me. I think a different person should do each line, to get the maximum number of fans... By the way, EXCELLENT idea.
First of all, Pokemon FTW!

2. Editing it together would be FAB, thank you! I was thinking the same thing with the lines :) But it needn't be just one person per shot, right? Like, if there's a group of friends, I was thinking get them together and in separate shots as well. But I digress.

C. I haven't e-mailed the band before, is it just their name @ tallyhall.com? Zub seems to reply to my fb messages quickly, so I can just ask there if need be. Unless you know exactly how to go about doing this, in which case be my guest.

IV. Thank you! :) I like to think I'm helping contribute in some way.
~Kirst

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#12 Post by DwightTheGreat »

You definitely are, I think we should all try to contact them about it the song. I'm trying to think of what to put in the FB group page, if you would like to discuss this, friend me on FB. The name's Dwight Young... there aren't a lot of Dwights, so it shouldn't be too hard to find... That goes for all you Noobs, let's be friends.

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#13 Post by coz »

DoctorThunder
A Gentlemen and a Scholar
T.H. Show Count: 2

#14 Post by DoctorThunder »

Joind'd.
From Chatparty!!!:

ChatParty!!!]: MrMoon has entered at 8:38 pm
[DoctorThunder] 8:38 pm: OH NOES
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: Yeah that's right.
[charissa] 8:38 pm: HE'S BACK
[cozbaldwin] 8:38 pm: thats so funny
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: I am so delighted that you are amused, cozbaldwin.

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#15 Post by coz »

DwightTheGreat wrote:You definitely are, I think we should all try to contact them about it the song.
I think it could also be equally effective if someone here who knows how to play it well recorded the track for us.

While I'm here, stating opinions, let me just say I fully support the actions of this group. My only concern is if this is a bit premature. I didn't talk to any of the band members too much about the situation, but I didn't get the impression they were in any sort of battle with the label yet. Sure, there are doubts Atlantic has in putting too much into this recording, but I've not heard any evidence yet that they are flat out not doing it.

Regardless, I think they've done enough damage by delaying THIS, further delaying the next album for too long now and should be aware of just how many people out there are starving for something NEW to buy.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#16 Post by DwightTheGreat »

Sorry Coz, I emailed them around roughly 3 in the morning asking for the song. I got overexcited and just shot them an email. But I believe you had a good idea, if we can't get it, we should make our own.

As for the premature thing, we should plan on contacting Atlantic only after we have a certain number in the group. We should discuss what that number will be... any ideas?

DoctorThunder
A Gentlemen and a Scholar
T.H. Show Count: 2

#17 Post by DoctorThunder »

Part of me, for the sake of being Tally-Silly, wants it to be an unround number. You know, something that does not end in ,000. Like something,238.5 or something like that.

'Problem with that is we probably won't be taken seriously.
From Chatparty!!!:

ChatParty!!!]: MrMoon has entered at 8:38 pm
[DoctorThunder] 8:38 pm: OH NOES
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: Yeah that's right.
[charissa] 8:38 pm: HE'S BACK
[cozbaldwin] 8:38 pm: thats so funny
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: I am so delighted that you are amused, cozbaldwin.

Heal_No_Knelt_Man
Noob

#18 Post by Heal_No_Knelt_Man »

Well, I don't suppose we can actually have half a member.

As of today, it's been 436 days since the release of MMMM (new version).

Eh? I don't know, it should at least be a number that's relevant, but perhaps a bit higher.

EDIT: Oh, how about 4108? Since that was the date of the release. Yeah.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#19 Post by olwhatshername »

I love this song idea!
Reminds me of the tattoo thing that I believe Mandy put together.

About getting this together before we've talked to the band:
I don't think it matters whether or not the band is "in a battle." Demand is demand and Atlantic will know they have a market either way. Maybe it'll make them even more eager knowing that people are clamoring for new material even where there's not conflict.

Reminder:
Invite your friends to join the group!
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#20 Post by DwightTheGreat »

I'd just like to say that I am a bit discouraged by the lack of people... I really thought TH fans are the kind to spread the word, like inviting their friends to join the group.