Where is Joe Hawley?

General talk about the band and/or Tally Hall news updates
Nate
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 2

Where is Joe Hawley?

#1 Post by Nate »

Hey just wondering...

So, of course, there's been a huge amount of talk about where Joe Hawley is, and why he's been absent from the band. Well...I know this may be the most obvious thing ever, but I just kind had it on my mind...Has anyone tried just sending him a message on Facebook or Twitter? You guys have probably done that already, and if you have, can you tell me how that went? And if not...do you think that'd be a good idea? Cause I'm not really sure myself. It was just on my mind...

Also, is anyone actually a close friend of Joe? I mean, is ther anyone that talks to or used to talk to Joe every once in a while?

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

Re: Where is Joe Hawley?

#2 Post by coz »

Nate wrote:Hey just wondering...

So, of course, there's been a huge amount of talk about where Joe Hawley is, and why he's been absent from the band. Well...I know this may be the most obvious thing ever, but I just kind had it on my mind...Has anyone tried just sending him a message on Facebook or Twitter? You guys have probably done that already, and if you have, can you tell me how that went? And if not...do you think that'd be a good idea? Cause I'm not really sure myself. It was just on my mind...

Also, is anyone actually a close friend of Joe? I mean, is ther anyone that talks to or used to talk to Joe every once in a while?
I talk to Joe. Somewhat regularly. He's living fine. But as for his absence and what it may say about his status in the band... we'll just have to wait until they officially address it. Truth is, I don't think there truly is an answer yet.

Nate
Noob

#3 Post by Nate »

coz wrote:

I talk to Joe. Somewhat regularly. He's living fine. But as for his absence and what it may say about his status in the band... we'll just have to wait until they officially address it. Truth is, I don't think there truly is an answer yet.
It's good to hear that he's living well! But that he hasn't really mentioned anything about the band? That's a little discomforting... :(

coz
Administrator Jerk

#4 Post by coz »

Nate wrote:
coz wrote:

It's good to hear that he's living well! But that he hasn't really mentioned anything about the band? That's a little discomforting... :(
Oh, I didn't say he hasn't mentioned anything about the band... I just said we'll have to wait until they officially address it.

Nate
Noob

#5 Post by Nate »

Ahhhh yes. Haha all right, I understand...Any hints on when they will announce it?

coz
Administrator Jerk

#6 Post by coz »

Nate wrote:Ahhhh yes. Haha all right, I understand...Any hints on when they will announce it?
I wish I knew, but I haven't the slightest clue.

Nate
Noob

#7 Post by Nate »

You think they'll actually announce something in the Spring? Whether it's the album or not?

Algernon
Noob

#8 Post by Algernon »

This is a little off the primary topic, but... I just can't come to believe, knowing who these guys are, that they would produce an entire album, advertise it heavily on two separate tours, and then never release it... It's just been way too long since the drama began to unfold. I wish they would provide us with any sort of status update on their website or via mailing list. I hope they know how much their fan base cares about them, and how much it would mean to us all if we could be given any sort of information instead of just leaving us lost in uncertainty. All we know is that Joe is fine, but that doesn't answer the questions we really have, all due respect to Joe and the band... and the last we heard, the album would be out this past summer.

I am an incredibly loyal person, but even for me there comes a point when the weight of doubt is almost so much that I'm not sure if I can have faith anymore. And that point is very close.

I've advertised for TH, bought their albums and merch, watched all the videos they've ever posted innumerable times, chatted with each of them, driven 100+ miles each way to see them play, and shared them with dozens of family and friends. I can't say I've done nearly that much for any other group.
I just hope they understand how much they mean to some of us.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#9 Post by coz »

Algernon wrote:This is a little off the primary topic, but... I just can't come to believe, knowing who these guys are, that they would produce an entire album, advertise it heavily on two separate tours, and then never release it... It's just been way too long since the drama began to unfold. I wish they would provide us with any sort of status update on their website or via mailing list. I hope they know how much their fan base cares about them, and how much it would mean to us all if we could be given any sort of information instead of just leaving us lost in uncertainty. All we know is that Joe is fine, but that doesn't answer the questions we really have, all due respect to Joe and the band... and the last we heard, the album would be out this past summer.

I am an incredibly loyal person, but even for me there comes a point when the weight of doubt is almost so much that I'm not sure if I can have faith anymore. And that point is very close.

I've advertised for TH, bought their albums and merch, watched all the videos they've ever posted innumerable times, chatted with each of them, driven 100+ miles each way to see them play, and shared them with dozens of family and friends. I can't say I've done nearly that much for any other group.
I just hope they understand how much they mean to some of us.
From my perspective, since they've signed with Atlantic, they've lost their way. Their focus has been on the business side of things and not the music. However, I can't say I blame them. I believe Atlantic forced this way of thinking upon them and Atlantic is their employer, so you kinda gotta do what they tell you. I know they all want the album out ASAP, still. They're all really proud of it. And one way or another, it'll be released... and so far, they are holding on to the belief that they can still get it out this spring.

Algernon
Noob

#10 Post by Algernon »

I agree that a major record label is both a blessing and a curse - you get pushed around and lose some level of individuality in your band, but at the same time there are tons of perks that you receive. But to me, that means faster distribution of music, more advertising, and the like. Right now, it sounds like TH is simply entrenched in bureaucracy and that means they aren't gaining that beneficial end of the bargain. I just hope they can still somehow make that spring deadline.

Nate
Noob

#11 Post by Nate »

Now that Tally Hall and Atlantic have (possibly) separated, do you think that this will let them release the album sooner now? 'Cause it seemed like the problem was the label wasn't letting them release it, and made them change a few things that they didn't necessary like. If they truly are free from Atlantic Records, do you think it's a good or bad thing? I mean, I think that now that they're separated from Atlantic, they can now do for sure what they want with their music and release it any way they want.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#12 Post by coz »

Nate wrote:Now that Tally Hall and Atlantic have (possibly) separated, do you think that this will let them release the album sooner now? 'Cause it seemed like the problem was the label wasn't letting them release it, and made them change a few things that they didn't necessary like. If they truly are free from Atlantic Records, do you think it's a good or bad thing? I mean, I think that now that they're separated from Atlantic, they can now do for sure what they want with their music and release it any way they want.
If true, I think it's a good thing.... but I am not totally sure it was Atlantic holding the album back, believe it or not. There's a lot they have had to work out and may still be working out. My speculation is that Atlantic just kinda got sick of it and let 'em go. Just speculation, though.

Nate
Noob

#13 Post by Nate »

Also, just fyi, if you look on iTunes, the 2008 Atlantic Records release of MMMM doesn't exist anymore. Well...kinda. Check it out.

coz
Administrator Jerk

#14 Post by coz »

Nate wrote:Also, just fyi, if you look on iTunes, the 2008 Atlantic Records release of MMMM doesn't exist anymore. Well...kinda. Check it out.
I see why you might think that but I'm pretty certain it's not changed. It's still the Atlantic version. They're just listing the original release date... which I can't remember if they've always done or not, but they're also listing Atlantic too with the 2008 copyright.
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-03-17 at 6.54.01 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-03-17 at 6.54.01 PM.png (123.93 KiB) Viewed 18008 times

Nate
Noob

#15 Post by Nate »

Yeah, I mean it's not completely changed, but as far as I remember, the release date did say 2008 under Atlantic Records, short and sweet. And now it only says 2005 and under exclusive license of Atlantic Records in 2008 or whatever it is. haha. I'm pretty sure it's different in some way at least lol