Atlantic Records Rumors

General talk about the band and/or Tally Hall news updates
coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

Atlantic Records Rumors

#1 Post by coz »

While browsing through Tally Hall's Myspace comments, I noticed someone say something about a rumor regarding Atlantic Records. After some brief research, I came across this article which, on page 2, says:
Michigan rockers Tally Hall got picked up from a tiny Ann Arbor label and signed to Atlantic Records after being featured on “The O.C.”
Now, I don't know about all the inner-workings of record deals, but there must have been some kind of deal struck between the band and Atlantic to release the O.C. Mix 6. What I don't know is if this is an indication that they are fully signed or not.

So far, all official places for Tally Hall on the net still list Quack! as the label they're signed to.

Got anything else to add to this?

ChubbyChao
Noob

#2 Post by ChubbyChao »

At Hoboken, I was speaking with Joe as he was harvesting the others for a group picture. And Rob was waling towards us and stopped in his tracks to speak with this one man. Joe told me he was from Atlantic and it was important for them to make some sort of good impression.

He also told me his old roomate (who he wanted to specify was Korean) was a sleep-talker. And one night, he was talking in his sleep and said "Go with the Atlantic." Joe said he wrote it down, sensing some sort of importance in it and he found it mystically coincidental to the coming of Atlantic Records' associates to the concert.

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#3 Post by olwhatshername »

wow. thats mildly creepy.

anyways, i wouldn't mind if they signed. it would be a good boost. i don't imagine they could get very far on quack!. tally hall is definately a band with integrity. i dont think they would change if they got big. that said, shoot for the moon!
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

justin
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 0

#4 Post by justin »

On the lunchy trip we talked about labels.

They LOVE Quack! and do not want to leave it.

Their options to go to larger labels are broad and open.

They really really love Quack! though.

So they're not sure.

I do remember a while aback I heard they may be recording with Sony BMG for a movie.

I'm trying to remember more about this topic I know, but that's all I can recall for now.