Introductions Thread

Just like in the official forums, anything goes at The 8-Ball.
(Introduction Thread included)

Moderators: olwhatshername, coz

olivergringold
Sassy
T.H. Show Count: 9

Re: Introductions Thread

#41 Post by olivergringold »

I'm Oliver. Most of you know who I am.

Oliver Booey
Noob

#42 Post by Oliver Booey »

Failure to know me is punishable by law in seventeen states.

MANDEEZY
The Blanket Imp
T.H. Show Count: 4

#43 Post by MANDEEZY »

My name is Mandi. I feel a little weird posting after the previous miscreant.

I live in San Francisco.
I go to school.
I major in cinema.
I work at two smoothie places.
My dad is 67 years old.

I discovered Tally Hall in the last month of the 2006 year when I was in my Yearbook teachers class during lunch to finish a layout and he played MMMM. I told him that he had a good taste of music and the CD he had playing was very interesting. I came to school the next day and there was a copy of MMMM on my desk. (I went out and bought it thereafter.)

I saw them for the first time 9 months later when I moved to college and met a man named...Speeeeegs. I mean Speags.

10SNE1?
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 2

#44 Post by 10SNE1? »

My name is Brigitte. I love tennis (hence the SN: Tennis Anyone?)

I live in Bakersfield, California. I want to move to the east coast, but don't really know why...

I discovered Tally Hall in August of 2006, when my brother showed me the Banana Man video on YouTube.
I was disturbed. I had to watch it once more and realized how great the song was. I've been hooked since.

My brother saw them at The Echo in LA in December 2006 and left me home.

I didn't speak to him for a week.

My first Tally Hall concert was in March at the Troubador.
It was at said concert that Joe told me about Mucka Blucka, after a brief discussion about Gobble Chicken.

FF AND NFF:

FF: I have 5 siblings
NFF: I am the second shortest, that being said, I'm 5'8"
FF: My favorite color is blue
NFF: My room is green
FF: I went to Universal Studios for the first time yesterday
FF: I went on the Jurassic Park ride
NFF: There was an 84 ft. drop and I currently have no voice
FF: I love to sing

RyderZR3
EXTREME

#45 Post by RyderZR3 »

Hello I am RyderZR3. Remember RyderMK5 from the original forums? Needless to say thats me.

I never made an account here on H.I.T.S. before so I figured why not?

So hello to all.

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#46 Post by coz »

RyderZR3 wrote:Hello I am RyderZR3. Remember RyderMK5 from the original forums? Needless to say thats me.

I never made an account here on H.I.T.S. before so I figured why not?

So hello to all.
helllooooooowww

olwhatshername
Modenator
T.H. Show Count: 5

#47 Post by olwhatshername »

hey girl heyyy
i can't remember- was your real name jordan?
:zubin: + :andrew: + :joe: + :rob: + :ross: = :smt049 :smt020 :smt049

Oliver Booey
Noob

#48 Post by Oliver Booey »

olwhatshername wrote:hey girl heyyy
i can't remember- was your real name jordan?
Your mom's real name is Jordan.

ImCowman
Sid Hoffman
T.H. Show Count: 4

#49 Post by ImCowman »

Hey, I'm Greg.

I'm from New Jersey (NUJ), but I was born in Maine, and grew up in NYC. Go Figure.

I found Tally Hall through my brother's friend. I fell in love. Four shows and a random mailing later, and I just can't contain my excitement to see these great guys succeed.

I also really like computers, video games, and sound. I am a Vinyl Recond advocate: they really do sound the best.

I also have the BEST girlfriend ever.

Also: I love Tally Hall.

Also: I said also too many times also.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#50 Post by DwightTheGreat »

My name is Dwight Evan Young.

I am a major of Film, Theatre and English, though so far I've only been getting my "generals" out of the way, next year is when it starts going down.

I enjoy working on film projects, acting in and directing them, I just finished an adaptation of a few scenes of Much Ado About Nothing for my old high school, which I'm told was well-received. My next projects may be a human adaptation of the Muppet's Christmas Carol, and a monster movie my friend is working on a script for. I also enjoy writing music, though I have not been as productive as I would like in this facet, as well as trying to write a story.

I enjoy listening to music of all varieties, especially Tally Hall. Other top bands include Kaizers Orchestra, Cake, Jukebox the Ghost, System of a Down, Kamelot, Rammstein, Regina Spektor, Tim Minchin, Pink Floyd, and many, many others (in no particular order).

I enjoy long moonlit walks on the beach and good conversation.

DoctorThunder
A Gentlemen and a Scholar
T.H. Show Count: 2

#51 Post by DoctorThunder »

My name is Matt. OMGISAIDMYNAME

I am in college at UW-Madison studying English Education for High School, possibly going to Grad School to become and English professor specializing in the works of Irish Modernist author James Joyce.

I am fairly certain I was meant to be British.

In the past year or so I have gently evolved into a pretentious indie-rocker, scavenging what he can from the discount bins and thrift stores. I can be seen more often than not wearing a suit coat over a hoodie. There will possibly a residual skull left over from my quasi-Goth phase in high school.

I enjoy comedy in everyday life, coffee and/or tea, video gaming and literature.
From Chatparty!!!:

ChatParty!!!]: MrMoon has entered at 8:38 pm
[DoctorThunder] 8:38 pm: OH NOES
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: Yeah that's right.
[charissa] 8:38 pm: HE'S BACK
[cozbaldwin] 8:38 pm: thats so funny
    [MrMoon] 8:38 pm: I am so delighted that you are amused, cozbaldwin.

Bumbling Dragon
The Funk Patrol
T.H. Show Count: 1

#52 Post by Bumbling Dragon »

I'm Kevin, I'm in High School in Pennsylvanian, and I'm big into theater.

I play guitar, and sing, and Tally Hall is a big inspiration for me.

Hope to see you around.

Heal_No_Knelt_Man
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 3

#53 Post by Heal_No_Knelt_Man »

My name is Kat, though one of my friends calls me Kitty (I have long since given up trying to make her stop).

I enjoy watching sunsets over the ocean, candle-lit dinners, and slow-dancing to some classic Barry Manilow (though have yet to experience any of those things).

I discovered Tally Hall a year or so ago via the Internet, believe it or not (more specifically albinoblacksheep.com with an interesting little animation for The Bidding)

I once played the "Love Tester Machine" that Tally Hall borrowed from MMMM and achieved the level of "Hot Stuff" (that machine's never wrong).

I love the bass guitar, but the bass guitar only kind of likes me (Psssh, whatever).

I live in the surrounding suburban area of Detroit, Michigan. Only 20 minutes or so from Ann Arbor, the old home base for my beloved TH (and I'm kind of upset they moved to Brooklyn, but it's not like I would've found out where they lived and visited or anything, I'm not THAT much of a creep [Gah, now I feel like a creep for saying that]).

As of right now, I should be doing my homework, as I am still in high school and they demand such things from me (I am leaving now, but don't worry, I'll be back [*creep*]).

mattgcn
Noob

#54 Post by mattgcn »

You know, I never introduced myself!

I'm a relatively new and unknowledgeable Tally Hall fan, as I've just recently collected the demos and I don't watch the internet show too much. My friend Cameron, on the other hand, is a huge fan but he's not much of a forum dweller. Among my favourite music is Lemon Demon, They Might Be Giants, Logan Whitehurst, of Montreal and Animal Collective.

There's not much else for me to say.

SputnikDX
Noob

#55 Post by SputnikDX »

I'm Sputnik. My real name is Jackson. I was on the old forums in maybe 2003? 2004? I was a founding member of the imaginary town Insanity... I think.

I've changed a lot since then, if you remember me. I remember Speags, Oliver, Jennie, Olwhatshername, and others. I was the one who posted 18 posts a minute, give or take. I'm not random anymore, I'm intelligent. I think it's easy to confuse the two. MMMM is brilliance, not randomness. Just throwing that out there.

I discovered this site just today after spending a few hours searching for Tally Hall songs, mostly Inside the Mind of Simon. One thing led to another, which led to mp3s of amazing Tally Hall songs previously unreleased, including a concept album about monsters, 13 minutes long.

Tally Hall, to me, is incredible, but underrated, even to me. This is the 4th "revival" they've had for me. I love them, then they just fade away until I listen to a song again, and it sparks back. I like this, they never get old.

I'm currently a drummer with an electronic drum kit, and I'm looking to purchase a synthesizer. I'm into music, big time, mostly Progressive Rock from the 70s, also stuff like The Beatles, and The Who.

That's it, which is a lot. Nice to see you all again.

coz
Administrator Jerk
T.H. Show Count: 16

#56 Post by coz »

SputnikDX wrote:I'm Sputnik. My real name is Jackson. I was on the old forums in maybe 2003? 2004? I was a founding member of the imaginary town Insanity... I think.

I've changed a lot since then, if you remember me. I remember Speags, Oliver, Jennie, Olwhatshername, and others. I was the one who posted 18 posts a minute, give or take. I'm not random anymore, I'm intelligent. I think it's easy to confuse the two. MMMM is brilliance, not randomness. Just throwing that out there.

I discovered this site just today after spending a few hours searching for Tally Hall songs, mostly Inside the Mind of Simon. One thing led to another, which led to mp3s of amazing Tally Hall songs previously unreleased, including a concept album about monsters, 13 minutes long.

Tally Hall, to me, is incredible, but underrated, even to me. This is the 4th "revival" they've had for me. I love them, then they just fade away until I listen to a song again, and it sparks back. I like this, they never get old.

I'm currently a drummer with an electronic drum kit, and I'm looking to purchase a synthesizer. I'm into music, big time, mostly Progressive Rock from the 70s, also stuff like The Beatles, and The Who.

That's it, which is a lot. Nice to see you all again.
Welcome back. I remember vividly.
I suspect the "album" you found was the songs they wrote for Disney's Happy Monster Band? http://tv.disney.go.com/playhouse/happy ... index.html - a children's show.

Please confirm, because otherwise we're missing something huge.

DwightTheGreat
Batman

#57 Post by DwightTheGreat »

I just chalked "concept album about monsters" up as a clever joke. Also, welcome!

olwhatshername
Modenator

#58 Post by olwhatshername »

SPUTNIK!
oh my goodness this is the reason why i can't neglect the HITS forums anymore! how are you!
and also- insanity! my goodness!

karik
Noob
T.H. Show Count: 0

#59 Post by karik »

ok, I've been meaning to do this for about a week, so I will now.

Real name- Kari (oh yeah i'm really creative with my usernames.)
age- 13
location- A small town in central Iowa(wait, isn't every town in Iowa small? yes. but this one is on the smaller end of small)
Favorite song- The Whole World and You

I found out about Tally Hall after they were the music guests on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, which is my absolute favorite show in the world. I've watched almost every episode for almost a year. So I saw their performance in August, and I thought it was really good, which surprised me because the music guests on that show are usually pretty D-list or lame. But they were good! So I saved the episode on my DVR, and when it was on youtube I downloaded it. I didn't think too much else, until they re-ran the episode again in October, I decided to look more into Tally Hall. So I did a bit of googling and went to their website and they had 3 of the internet shows up. I watched them, and though I hadn't heard the songs, I thought it was really funny. I started looking forward to the shows, actually.

After my birthday and Christmas, I had some money and wanted to buy MMMM, but I couldn't (and still can't) find it in any department stores and kinda forgot about it until February, and decided that I would use up my iTunes gift card and buy the album on iTunes (I bought the $12 one with the music video and tour of MMMM, what a deal!) and listened to it on the way to and from school. I couldn't believe it, it was fantastic! So that's about it, I spent lots of time on YouTube, watching music videos, performances, and their own videos. I bought the 2006 re-release of MMMM with a visa gift card off amazon, just to have a physical copy but it's not exactly like the 2008 one. It's funny, because I really like the old one better, especially Taken For A Ride, because the robo-intro is really hard to understand on it, but I oddly just love it!

OK then, that's all I got. I have yet to go to a show, I really wanted to go to the one in Chicago that would be tonight (!!!) Anyways, glad to meet you all.

:bananaman: :mrgreen:

olwhatshername
Modenator

#60 Post by olwhatshername »

welcome welcome welcome!