|Current member of Tally Hall|
|Date of Birth:||October 12, 1983|
|Hometown:||Warren, NJ / Tewksbury, NJ|
|Current resident of:||Brooklyn, NY|
|Other Names:||edu, Andy, Colonel Popcorn|
A native of Warren, N.J., Andrew Horowitz began piano studies at the age of five and was composing by age eight. In high school, he pursued private composition and piano studies with faculty at the Juilliard School. He also played in the New York Youth Symphony, led an active jazz quartet, musical directed for several musical theatre productions, and worked as a freelance pianist.
Andrew attended The Pingry School in Martinsville, NJ. (Now, "Basking Ridge".) The Pingry EP was named after the Pingry school, since the band would go play concerts there from time to time in their earlier years.
In 2004, Andrew won the BMI John Lennon Songwriting Scholarship award for $10,000, for writing "Good Day".
He has studied composition privately with Susan Botti, Michael Daugherty, Curtis Curtis-Smith, and Evan Chambers. In the summer of 2004 (or 2003?) he studied with Dr. Philip Lasser and Michel Merlot at La Schola Cantorum in Paris.
In 2005 Andrew graduated from the University of Michigan with a double degree in Music Composition and English Language and Literature.
On the 2006 website, Andrew's bio read thusly...
On November 23rd, 2011, Andrew released the details of his new solo project, edu, along with a song called Miss Melody that is included in his first set of demos called cassette tape 1 which was being distributed on cassette tapes in January 2012.
From early 2017 to early 2018, Horowitz has been credited on working with artists like Jidenna and Livia Blanc.
On June 2nd, 2019, Andrew revealed that he would be releasing a re-vamped version of his first album "Sketches", entitled "Sketches 3d", through Kickstarter. The new version would include a vinyl, and digital release
- Andrew's middle name is David.
- Andrew Horowitz Bio. Accessed 5th June, 2019.
- Cassette Tape 1. Bandcamp.
- 'Minor Rainbow Connection'. The Gregory Brothers. April 6th, 2014. Facebook Video.
- 'Minor rendition of The Rainbow Connection from Andrew Horowitz and The Gregory Brothers' taken from The Gregory Brothers' Facebook page April 6th, 2014. Uploaded to YouTube by user 'the beeb' on: Jan 13th, 2018. YouTube.
- Andrew's production website.
- Etudes. Spotify.
- 'edu "sketches 3d" on VINYL/DIGITAL STREAMING'. June 2nd, 2019. andrewtheproducer.com. Accessed: June 5th, 2019.
- edu "sketches 3d" on vinyl and digital. 2019. Kickstarter. Accessed: 5th June, 2019.
- Instagram Post. 2019. "Re-releasing for the first time digitally and on vinyl “sketches” my 2012 solo record under my nickname “edu.” Remixed/remastered. Link to kickstarter in bio."