(Redirected from Banana Man (Lounge Version))
|Written by||Joe Hawley|
|Appears on||Party Boobytrap, Welcome To Tally Hall (EP), Complete Demos, Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum|
|Sung by||Joe Hawley|
Banana Man, a song by Joe Hawley.
- The line "And then forget about de yellow from de beckoning man" originally said "colorful man".
- Because of a lucky break from the music video for Banana Man appearing on Albino Black Sheep, Tally Hall gained the popularity needed to make it big.
- The video won Best Music Video at the 2004 Flint Film Festival, directed and edited by Joe Hawley.
- Joe states that the song came from a time that he awoke in the middle of the night during his high school years to the sound of African villagers chanting on his TV (He thinks it may be due to his Samsung GXTV's timer). Later, at one of his younger sister's dance competitions in Myrtle Beach, he wrote the lyrics alone in their hotel room.
- Joe mentions the existence of a "Dance Dance Revolution-style Playstation game influencer somewhere", but he doesn't remember the name.
Do you see banana man Hopping over on de white hot sand Here he come with some for me Freshly taken from banana tree Banana man me want a ton Gimme double and a bonus one Gimme more for all me friends Dis banana flow will never end Do you want a banana? Peel it down and go Mmm mmm mmm mmmm Do you want a banana? Dis banana for you Tonight we dance around de flame Then we get to play de spirit game Spirit names we shout out loud Shake de thunder from de spirit cloud All de songbirds in de tree Chant a tune to let de spirits free Then we see them in de night Spirits jumping by de fire light Do you want a banana? Peel it down and go Mmm mmm mmm mmmm Do you want a banana? Dis banana for you Look you You too uptight, you know You could laugh and kick it back and go (wheee) But without a rhythm or a rhyme You do not banana all de time Fly away from city on de run Try to make a little fun Look you Come to de bungalow African't you tell me told you so Don't you love de bumping of de drum Make you shake until de bum go numb Let de bongo play you 'til you drop Dis banana never stop Forget all your troubles and go with the flow Forget about whatever you may never know Like whether whatever you doing is whatever you should And whether anything you do is ever anything good And then forget about banana when it stick in your throat And when it make you wanna bellow but you stuck in a choke And then forget about de yellow from de beckoning man Who make you take another one and make a mock of your plan Bungalay Bungalow Make up your mind And tell me no Well it's nine o'clock And it's getting dark And the sun is falling from the sky I've never left so early And you may wonder why Tomorow morning on de plane No banana make you go insane Floating back to busy town No banana make you want to frown Do you want a banana? Peel it down and go Mmm mmm mmm mmmm Do you want a banana? Dis banana for you