|Current member of Tally Hall|
|Date of Birth:||August 26, 1983|
|Current resident of:||Los Angeles, CA|
On the 2006 website, Rob's bio read thusly:
rob is the one in the yellow tie. he hails from the rough-n-tumble streets of suburban detroit, where people constantly get into "beat it"-style knife-fights. he went to high school with zubin. after graduation, rob moved to ann arbor to begin studying for the mcats. meanwhile, an elusive, echoey voice constantly urged him to form a band. he did.
when not tally halling, rob studies molecular and cellular biology. his favorite dvd, at the moment, is "sports night: the complete series." a must see. rob's songs are specially designed for romantic comedies starring hugh grant.
here are some other things about rob:
- a large baby, rob broke his mom's coccyx during labor.
- rob is an eagle scout.
- rob is english for "to steal"
- rob wonders, "did biblical characters ever make small talk?"**
- rob was reading zubin's bio. he noticed that zubin's favorite stage of mitosis is telophase. rob thinks zubin likes telophase because this is when the cleavage furrow develops, and zubin's one-track mind is amused by the word cleavage.
- rob likes kurt vonnegut and barack obama.
- npr is the greatest, says rob.
- rob owns but has never read the following books:
- the federalist papers
- the tao of pooh
- the social transformation of american medicine (a pulitzer prize winner!)
- number nine. number nine. number nine. number nine? number nine.
- rob loves you.
- rob is puzzled by the word biweekly. it means both twice a week and once every two weeks.
** this insight is courtesy of ben rosenblatt.
During Tally Hall's hiatus, Rob released two songs based around celebrities: the first of which was Shia Labeouf, which was uploaded to Soundcloud on the 3rd of March 2012, and the second was Christian Bale Is At Your Party, which was uploaded to YouTube July 18th, 2012. Shia Labeouf went on to become a viral hit, sparking a re-release of an extended live version, which too, became a viral hit.
On the 14th of June 2019, Rob announced that he had spent the last year writing music and lyrics for Disney's "T.O.T.S." (Tiny Ones Transport Service), a show aimed at kids 2-7 years old.
In June 2019, Andrew Horowitz revealed on his Instagram page that "Every year-ish Rob sends out royalty payments with a letter attached. they are always...pertinent and...truthful." in the most recent letter it is addressed from Art Bronco Inc in the style of a bulletin. It reads:
We are proud to announce that the SEC approved our merger. As of June 12, 2019, Art Bronco Inc has officially been acquired by Sheng-Tsu Holdings. After a long and challenging negotiation, we feel this is the absolute best decision for the company.
Everyone will receive immediate raises. In light of recent sales trends, we can increase salaries across the board by 20%. Sheng-Tsu has offered to construct a new state-of-the-art gym facility on campus. Vacation time has doubled, and pets are now welcome at the office.
We fought hard for our team because we love you guys, in fact, we only have make a single layoff!
Unfortunately, if you are receiving this letter, the layoff is you.
Good luck out there,
Rob cantor and everyone here are Sheng-Tsu Holdings
- Rob's middle name is Howard.
The following is an alphabetical compilation of the Tally Hall songs (and non-Tally Hall songs) Rob Cantor has written or helped to write:
- Not A Trampoline
- Shia Labeouf
- Disney Junior Music Nursery Rhymes (Vol. 1)
- Disney Junior Music Nursery Rhymes (Vol. 2)
- Disney Junior Music Nursery Rhymes (Vol. 3)
- Disney Junior Music Nursery Rhymes (Vol. 4)
- Disney Junior Music Holiday Classics
- Disney Junior Music Nursery Rhymes (Vol. 5)
- Rob's Bio from the 2006 Tally Hall webpage. Content archived at http://stl.dreamerstoday.com/DoubleOOP/rob.html
- Shia Labeouf. 2012. Rob Cantor. Soundcloud.com
- CHRISTIAN BALE IS AT YOUR PARTY by Rob Cantor (AUDIO ONLY). July 18th, 2012. (Video removed?). YouTube. Accessed 21st June, 2019.
- T.O.T.S. announcement. Rob Cantor's Instagram page. 14th June 2019.
- Andrew Horowitz. Royalty Payments letter. Instagram.